Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Making things from scratch again- Yay!

I am starting to get back into the swing of things in the kitchen. I have not made homemade wholewheat bread in a while, but today I made two loaves. I don't have have things to make it easier, I did the kneaded myself. I actually enjoyed this today. I haven't tasted it yet but I do hope it tastes great. I also made buttermilk for the first time. I plan on making old fashioned buttermilk pancakes for breakfast tomorrow, but you have to have part of the mixture soak overnight.
I am really hoping to get Kombucha going again soon. I don't have a scoby and I really hope that someone in the local homeschool group makes their own so I can get a scoby- but if not, I will see if the healthfood store has some.
I really, really miss traveling and being on the road, but I also really, really enjoy being in a house again and being creative in the kitchen. The kids are flourishing in church and at home- no complaints here!! If the bread tastes good, I will post the recipe on here tomorrow. :-)

No comments: