Saturday, January 31, 2009

Life resumes its' normal speed

Living in a house again has been fun, rejuvenating and easy to get back into the flow of things. I really do miss traveling and getting out everyday and "doing stuff", however, this just feels so natural again. Getting up, doing my morning routine, getting school going, cooking meals INSIDE, etc. We are hoping to get a garden going soon too. I have found a few things out while setting up home again....
1. It is much easier to clean when you have less stuff. I know we have all heard the stuff about decluttering but I don't think I have actually followed through completely. We only had what would fit inside of a very small space, approximately 7X12. We had no knickknacks or any of those types of items. Our house is now decorated very simply and guess what, it is much easier to clean. If I am going to bring more things in, I will see what I can remove. No need adding more clutter and dust collectors- I have better things to do with my time.
2. By keeping things simple, it frees up my time. I have more time to spend with my kids, homeschooling, cooking and my own interests. I have been spending some time in eschatology and garden planning. I remember often feeling like I was always playing catch up. Not so now. I know that I have things to do, but I am able to stay on top of things. This isn't because I am SuperMom (although I joke sometimes about that) but it has to do with starting back up with not much and freeing up my time.
3. Because of 1 and 2, I have much more peace in my life. I am able to spend my time on the things are much more important, my relationship with God, my husband, my children and my friends!
I guess decluttering properly really does make a difference!!!!

No comments: