Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy weekend

We had a busy weekend. My dd's had a cousin stay the night all weekend and my oldest dd had a birthday and party. We had a house full on Sunday and it was a blast. All of the girls made various drawings and art items and hung them up around the house. There were streamers hung from the ceiling and balloons blown up. I made chocolate cupcakes and vanilla cupcakes and made a filling for them. I made homemade chocolate frosting for the chocolate cupcakes and a vanilla buttercream for the vanilla cupcakes. The chocolate ones were so delicious, the reminded me of a Hostess cupcake, but better. I liked the vanilla ones, but the chocolate was mmmmmmmmmmm good! It has been a while since have had a large gathering at our house. Oh yeah, we are in a house. It is an amazing story. I don't have time to go into details right now, but we are in a house with plenty of room for us. We are very happy with where we are and with what the Lord has provided.
I will try and get back with menus and such, but for the moment I am working on building up my pantry again (which is my weapon for eating cheaply, yet well).

No comments: